A downloadable audio software utility for Windows and Mac OS X
noise is a free ambient sound generation software utility. currently, it is useful for hisses, rumbles, swells and sweeps that can emulate things like television static, pouring rain, the ocean, wind, etc. the noise is synthesized in real-time, and can be programmed for very short to near infinite periods before repetition. future versions will include additional sound sources for more diverse sonic palette.
it looks/sounds like this:
see the startup hints in the community discussion section linked below for a preliminary guide. i'll add some documentation into the application in a future version.
- pink and white noise generators with configurable modulation source.
mix between pink/white sources based on oscillator settings..
- 2 configurable and modulate-able filters that operate in parallel.
shape the frequency response of the noise generated.
- 7 user presets. hold the "s" key on your keyboard while clicking
any of the 7 preset buttons to save.
- setup menu for configuring the audio driver settings.
- mono/stereo operation (saved per preset).
video example of preset creation:
- other generation sources (audio file playback, algorithmic music, others?)
- better (any) documentation
- more intuitive, improved user interface (decided i like it this way)
first time users are suggested to download and experiment with the software for free (after pressing the download button, click "no thanks, just take me to the downloads"). of course, donations are appreciated if you want to kick a few bucks for coffee or a snack my way. new versions will be released on my hobbyist development schedule (ie, eventually). if you have any requests for a feature update or bug fix, let me know in the discussion board. thanks!
Click download now to get access to the following files: